Prognosis of Viral meningitis
Prognosis of Viral meningitis: The prognosis for viral meningitis is usually excellent, with most cases resolving in 7-10 days. ...see also Overview of Viral meningitis
Prognosis for Viral meningitis: Viral meningitis is generally less severe
and resolves without specific treatment (Source: excerpt from Meningococcal Disease (General): DBMD)
meningitis is serious but rarely fatal in persons with normal immune systems. (Source: excerpt from Viral (Aseptic) Meningitis: DVRD)
...see also Overview of Viral meningitis
Onset of Viral meningitis: Can occur as early as infancy.
Viral meningitis: Duration statistics
Duration of Viral meningitis: Usually, the symptoms last from 7 to 10 days and the person recovers completely. (Source: excerpt from Viral (Aseptic) Meningitis: DVRD)
Complications of Viral meningitis may include:
- Communicating hydrocephalus
- Acute hydrocephalus (see Brain swelling)
- Long-term neurological sequelae from uncomplicated viral meningitis are rare. Sequelae including seizure disorders, hydrocephalus, sensorineural hearing loss, weakness, paralysis, cranial nerve palsy, learning disabilities, blindness, behavior disorders, and speech delay in children have been reported, especially for infants and young children
- Encephalitis may develop, though this is rare. Infection may last much longer in a person with a depressed immune system
- more complications...»
See also complications of Viral meningitis.
Viral meningitis: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Viral meningitis usually refers to the likely outcome
of Viral meningitis.
The prognosis of Viral meningitis
may include the duration of Viral meningitis, chances of complications of Viral meningitis,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Viral meningitis, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Viral meningitis.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Viral meningitis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: