What is Vulva cancer?
What is Vulva cancer?
Cancer of the vulva. The vulva is the outer area of the female genital region. Vulva cancer is relatively rare and ...more »
- Vulva cancer: Cancer of the skin of the vulval area.
Vulva cancer: Introduction
Types of Vulva cancer:
Broader types of Vulva cancer:
How many people get Vulva cancer?
Incidence (annual) of Vulva cancer: 3,800 annual cases in USA (SEER 2002 estimate)
Incidence Rate of Vulva cancer: approx 1 in 71,578 or 0.00% or 3,800 people in USA [about data]
Who gets Vulva cancer?
Patient Profile for Vulva cancer: Mostly elderly post-menopausal women
Gender Profile for Vulva cancer: Women only
How serious is Vulva cancer?
Deaths for Vulva cancer: 850 estimated deaths for vulva cancer in the US 2004 (Cancer Facts and Figures, American Cancer Society, 2004)
What causes Vulva cancer?
Causes of Vulva cancer: see causes of Vulva cancer
What are the symptoms of Vulva cancer?
Symptoms of Vulva cancer:
see symptoms of Vulva cancer
Can anyone else get Vulva cancer?
Contagion of cancer: generally not; see details in contagion of cancer.
Vulva cancer: Testing
Diagnostic testing: see tests for Vulva cancer.
Misdiagnosis: see misdiagnosis and Vulva cancer.
How is it treated?
Doctors and Medical Specialists for Vulva cancer: Oncologist, Gynecologist
see also doctors and medical specialists for Vulva cancer.
Treatments for Vulva cancer:
see treatments for Vulva cancer
Prevention of Vulva cancer:
see prevention of Vulva cancer
Research for Vulva cancer:
see research for Vulva cancer
Society issues for Vulva cancer
Hospitalization statistics for Vulva cancer:
The following are statistics from various sources about hospitalizations and Vulva cancer:
- 0.44% (56,351) of hospital episodes were for malignant neoplasms of female genital organs in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 95% of hospital consultations for malignant neoplasms of female genital organs required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 100% of hospital episodes for malignant neoplasms of female genital organs were for women in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 13% of hospital admissions for malignant neoplasms of female genital organs required emergency hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more statistics...»
Organs Affected by Vulva cancer:
Organs and body systems related to Vulva cancer include:
Name and Aliases of Vulva cancer
Main name of condition: Vulva cancer
Class of Condition for Vulva cancer: cancer
Other names or spellings for Vulva cancer:
Vulva cancer: Related Conditions
Research the causes of these diseases that are similar to, or related to, Vulva cancer: